This is a great zucchini recipe with a southwestern taste. It is super easy to make and can be on the table in about 10 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Eating Well, Aug 2011
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 organic zucchini, halved lengthwise then sliced
- 1/2 onion, grated or finely chopped
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chiles, drained
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
- dash cumin
- 1/2 c organic (preferably raw) cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet then add zucchini and onion.
- Cook until soft and slightly browned (about 10 Min).
- Stir in chiles, salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Mash everything with a potato masher until chunky, then stir in cheese.